What is hashtag and how do you use it?
With the introduction of internet, the use of hashtag grew up and it was even used in business. It is a metadata tag which effectively searches words within social networking sites in internet. Its origin is based on its use in information technology to represent special meaning. It was used to represent immediate address mode in assembly language. When the C language came into being it was used in the front of those keywords that are processed first by the compiler. During 2009, its use in the writing style came in to being in social networking sites like twitter.
Hashtag can be used in various ways.
- Promoting the brand- we can promote the products and services of our company by creating a hashtag with minimal use of character. It will help the users search in social networking sites like twitter or Google.
- Connectivity to the customers- Most of the business are using it, in order to connect to the clients. A number of companies can be seen in Twitter and connect to their customers through it.
- Spreading information-It not only helps in connecting people but also informally spreads messages. Posting a picture by hashtaging it with related subject if often done by people.
- Efficient Searching – In any of the search engine or in social networking sites like twitter or facebook one can use a hash term and get the desired search results.
- Complaining- The consumers who have service experience of companies and want to complain about it in social media often use it.
Currently use of this tag is beneficial for companies, and their services and products. These are beneficial for their visibility on twitter. Putting the hashtags on the keywords also help in effective search of desired words and the information regarding that .For instance, some contest or event to be discussed in twitter is displayed when the related term is searched with hashtag. It can even do a lot for the business when one can create and use it in an effective way. Besides this, it is beneficial to the customers.